Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Cookies


So I went on a bit of a baking spree this week. While I thoroughly enjoyed it, and brought it to a few Christmas events, I don't know how well they went over. For the most part I never was there long enough to see if they got eaten, and I heard one snide comment made to someone who was willing to try my delish vegan goodies!
Argghhh! I wonder if I was such a narrow-minded twit when I was a full on carnivore... Oh well, back to the issue at hand - COOKIES!

The first cookie was from my new fave cookie cookbook. I tweaked it a bit. It was supposed to be a sandwich cookie, but it looked a little flat and sad, so I dunked it in chocolate as directed, but then added peppermint sprinkles to the top and then packaged them up individually. The presentation made them all the more adorable!




Who wouldn't love these?

Then I did a little twist on the Egg Nog cookies that were such a hit at Thanksgiving. I added festive red and green to the rum-laced icing and attacked the cookies in a manner that would have made Jackson Pollack proud!



I felt like an addict always going back and sneaking 'just one more' ...


Then, I made yet another of Kelly's chocolate chip cookie recipes, this time it was Candy Cane Chocolate Chip, soft and melty and ooey and gooey and...mmmmm. 



I probably gained a few pounds, because I couldn't stay away from my own cookies! I gave away so many tins but I had an extra here for a friend that has been away. Needless to say, those cookies are GONE. I will have to make another batch for her in a day or two.

As I am trying to get healthier this new year, I don't know how I will be able to stay away from Kelly and her yummy creations! Each time I make a new recipe, I expect it to suck even a little, but she hasn't let me down yet. Oh, well. Everything in moderation right?

No comments:

Post a Comment