Friday, April 13, 2012

Some Veg News


Last week I did a bit of a wrap up on some animal news. Now I am spreading a little love in regards to food and the "plight" of the vegans and vegetarians...
It seems that there are more and more people trying the veg thing. That is really great. I for one feel all a tingle when I read that an A-lister has gone vegan. But ever since Ginnifer Goodwin's flipflop and Natalie Portman's slide, I don't put too much faith in celebrities until they have some longevity and not doing it because it's cool. (As much as I love my VegNews magazines, my desire to rip up the cover with Ginnifer  on it overcomes me each time I see it!)

So while it seems cool that Garth Brooks and his wife Trisha Yearwood might be going veg, the jury is out. I'll do the waiting game on this one. Apparently this discovery was made at the Wynn in Vegas. I cannot wait to get back to Las Vegas, for the simple fact that I know where I will be spending much of my time! Apparently, Las Vegas is catching on too to providing for us "finicky eaters."

At the end of the day, it is all about the planning. And there are some excellent sources on the web that provide a few helpful hints here and there...

I myself have been dabling with some of my desserts. I tried yet another recipe for The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur. This cookbook has not given me a flop yet. I love it. My earlier creations still shock me sometimes! Anyway, I didn't get a chance to take pictures, but the Lemon Poppy Seed cookies were ridiculously easy with so few ingredients that EVERYONE has in their kitchen right now!!!

I attempted cakepops which turned out pretty well, but the really happy accident were my rum balls... more on those another day.








No comments:

Post a Comment