Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Playing with Glass...Part 2

Okay, here is the second part of the project. I went to the Crafster site yesterday and saw a cute Crafty Quickie video (I think that's what they call them) about glass etching.  I wish I'd known about keeping the cream moving in one direction.  Oh well, at least I know for next time.

Now on to the second part of the project... I took my Marvy Deco Color pens and colored in the spots that were covered by the Frog Tape punch outs.  You need a steady hand and you literally color "in the lines" of the glass. If you make a mistake and slip out on to the frosted glass, quickly wipe with a q-tip or even your fingernail.

Once I finished coloring in the flowers, I then went on to draw vines connecting all the flowers together and flowing to the base of the glass where the liquid would start. The vines were drawn on the treated glass, what has now been frosted.  I am thinking about adding brown for a thicker trunk on the stem of the glass.  Right now, I am pretty pleased with the outcome.

I am not sure if these need to be baked to set in the inks or if they have to remain simply decorative and not for use, or just have to be hand washed rather than being dumped in the dishwasher. There is no info on that on the Marvy site.  You know what that means... more experimenting!

Here are shots of the project up to this point...



Ta-dah!

No comments:

Post a Comment