Thursday, March 17, 2011

Playing with Glass...Part 3

Okay.  I have gotten this far with the glass.  It's has been etched.  It has been painted/decorated.  And it has now been through the oven to be heat sealed!

I was nervous about putting a glass in the oven, but it had to be done.  Although the Deco Color pens didn't give these specific directions, all other companies I researched based on their glass painting products recommended putting the item in the oven at about 325 for at least 40 minutes.

I put the wine glass on a cookie tray with a small sheet of foil on it.  Then when the oven was ready, I placed the tray in the oven for about thirty minutes, then turned off the oven and left the glass there for about 4 hours to really set and COMPLETELY cool.

It looks good.  Although I did not want to use the medium tipped marker on this project and mainly used fine tips, the medium tip made my flowers look really good.  There were no visible drawing lines with it like the ones the fine tipped markers left behind.

I will give the glass a test of a few hand washes and see how it holds up.  (I might even be so daring as to put it in the dishwasher for a true experiment!)  I will post the results tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment